Follow this link to the Elizabeth-Ann charity and follow the one below to my food blog!

http://www.thee-acharity.org.uk/

http:www.calcuttascarlet.blogspot.com/ My Mother's Kitchen, my Father's Garden is the name of the blog (and, in two volumes, my books). At this blog you may also see a small selection of my freelance journalism work.

Monday 24 May 2010

cats again

UPDATE: £100 RAISED AND WE ARE ONLY A WEEK IN! THANK YOU!

Although it is not my favourite story so far, the cats' tale, 'Cat Mischief', seems to have produced the happiest response. Other comments have been that readers wish the stories were longer and that we could revisit some of the characters to see what happens next. If there is something you would like a story about, why not challenge me or leave a request?. Leave a comment in the box below the blog post.

Well, we will return to the cats and to Flora, as she, essentially, is me, which you will have guessed if you know me other than in passing (Anna: "Here is my heart; I am wearing it on my sleeve"). Other folk who have been introduced, maybe, maybe not. As for longer stories, the answer is that I will write more where I can, but I need to set myself a limit of something I can do every day. And these stories are fresh each day; I have not planned them out in advance - so I need to write something manageable. And a short story is, well, a short story, not a chapter.....read on and bear with me!

Below is a picture by Subhodev at ww.flickr.com; part of his Old Calcutta series. It's the Maidan -- which means an open grassy area-- in Calcutta at sunset. Sundown here, too. New story tomorrow. x

No comments: