Follow this link to the Elizabeth-Ann charity and follow the one below to my food blog!

http://www.thee-acharity.org.uk/

http:www.calcuttascarlet.blogspot.com/ My Mother's Kitchen, my Father's Garden is the name of the blog (and, in two volumes, my books). At this blog you may also see a small selection of my freelance journalism work.

Monday 12 July 2010

The waiting room (another 50 word story)



Osteoporosis; type II diabetes; malaria; melanoma; under 24 chlamydia test. One might be relevant. Catalogue on orthopaedic aids. So much to look forward to, but today I cannot even manage a fully perforated eardrum. Glancing again at the posters, I go home with nothing to show for my moderate pain.



Occasioned by a visit to the triage nurse today. The images are by 'Centralasian' at www.flickr.com  THANK YOU! They are part of a catalogue of his images of original 1940s American health posters. These posters are on display as part of a retrospective at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington D.C.

No comments: